Alright, so here is the question of the day. What is the best ~10 minute stretch of consecutive songs on a rock album?
Now, let me qualify this question by pointing out that more than one song needs to fall into that ~10 minute stretch, otherwise stupendous portions of some guitar solo would dominate the list. Also, diversity is important, slowly varying the same melody for 10 minutes can be amazing to listen to, but is not for this list.
So with that said, here is my top 5:
1) Beatles – Abbey Road: Mean Mr. Mustard to Carry That Weight.
2) Santana – Abraxas: Singing Winds, Crying Beasts and Black Magic Woman/Gypsy Queen.
3) Jimi Hendrix – Electric Ladyland: All Along The Watchtower and Voodoo Chile.
4) Led Zeppelin – Led Zeppelin III: Gallows Pole to Bron-Y-Aur Stomp.
5) U2 – Joshua Tree: Where The Streets Have No Name to With Or Without You.