Exhibit A

What to do and where to go.
-

Tuesday [1/30] 

6–7:30 p.m. Hear two critically acclaimed poets read from their latest works at the Seminary Co-Op. Chris Glomski, an English professor at University of Illinois at Chicago, will read from his third collection, Lit Up, and Patrick Morrissey (Ph.D. '17) will read from World MusicFree, Seminary Co-Op Bookstore. 

Wednesday [1/31] 

4–7:30 p.m. The Institute of Politics will be screening All the Way, a film about Lyndon Johnson’s first year in office. The screening will be accompanied by a discussion about arts and politics with director Jay Roach and Hamilton: The Revolution co-author Jeremy McCarter. Free, The Revival Theater. 

Thursday [2/1] 

7–10 p.m. As part of the Counter Cinema/Counter Media Project at the Center for the Study of Gender and Sexuality, the Film Studies Center will be hosting Transitioning Publics, a conversation with artist Chase Joynt on the subject of trans representation and history. In conjunction with the discussion, attendees will have the opportunity to view three of his short films. Free, Logan Center for the Arts. 

Friday [2/2] 

7:30 p.m. Hear Hungarian percussion group Amadinda and the contemporary classical Eighth Blackbird come together for an exciting celebration of both Hungarian music and the American composer, Steve Reich. Sam Pluta will lead a pre-concert lecture at 6:30 p.m. $38, $30 faculty and staff, $20 under 35, $10 students, Logan Center Performance Hall. 

7:30 p.m. Sit back and enjoy some theater at “A Weekend of Workshops,” University Theater’s quarterly performance of short, student-directed plays. $6 advance, $8 door, Reynold’s Club. 

9 p.m. The Organization of Black Students’ publication, Blacklight Magazine, will be celebrating the release of its fall issue “unpolished,” a publication “by POC, for POC.” The release party will include performances beginning at 9 p.m. $1 at 9 p.m., $3 after 10:30 p.m., 5319 South Ellis Avenue. 

Saturday [2/3]  

12 p.m. View a collection of sculptures titled Gordan Hall’s Brothers and Sisters, a part of the Intermissions series, in which Hall creates ambiguously-designed sculptures made from various mediums including brick and dyed fabric. Free, The Renaissance Society, on view on Sunday as well. 

8 p.m. Enjoy a performance by the University Chamber Orchestra for its annual winter quarter concert. Free, Logan Center Performance Hall.