Crime Report: November 27, 2007

November 23, 12:45 a.m.—Two unknown men approached two male victims on the 5700 block of South Kimbark Avenue and demanded their money at gunpoint. The offenders took the victims’ wallets and a cell phone and fled northbound on Kimbark Avenue. Both offenders were described as black and 20 years old; one was described as wearing a black hooded coat.

November 23, 2:30 p.m.—A man approached a 15-year-old teenager on the 900 block of East 59th Street and demanded all of his money. The victim gave the offender a $1 bill, which was all he claimed he had. As the offender began to walk away, a witness approached the victim, prompting the offender to run. The U of C Police Department was notified and took the offender, identified as Cordero Monroe, into custody. Monroe, 18, a resident of the 1900 block of North Lewis Avenue, Waukegan, IL, was charged with strong-armed robbery.

November 25, 12:30 p.m.—Two unknown male youths stopped a 15-year-old teenager on the 5000 block of South Ellis Avenue and told the victim that he needed “to pay to walk in [their] hood.” The first offender then reached behind himself, as if to indicate a weapon, and took the victim’s iPod and cell phone. They then fled northbound on South Ellis Avenue. The offenders were described as black and 12 years old. The first was described as wearing a black ski mask, the second as wearing a Chicago Bulls stocking cap.

November 25, 5:20 p.m.—An unknown man ran up behind a 22-year-old woman on the 4400 block of South Woodlawn Avenue, grabbed her shoulders, and pulled her to the ground. As they struggled, the offender demanded the victim’s money, but she continued to fight. The offender gave up and fled southbound on Woodlawn Avenue. He was described as black, 17 years old, mustached, and wearing a dark green skullcap and dark clothing.

November 25, 6:50 p.m.—Two unknown men approached a 28-year-old man in Nichols Park, on the 5400 block of South Kenwood Avenue. The offenders demanded all of the victim’s money, displayed a blue steel handgun, and took the victim’s wallet and cell phone. They fled east to South Dorchester Avenue and then turned south. Both were described as black, 16–20 years old, and wearing dark clothing.