Kidnap this man, now

Maroon Sports Editor (and a

Maroon Sports Editor (and a fantastic columnist) Tim Murphy sent me this link which is probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. It is by Jeff Jacoby, who is apparently Ann Coulter’s protégé. Anyways, here is the lead:

If you were one of the journalists kidnapped in Gaza last month and ordered at gunpoint to become a Muslim, what would you have done? Fox News reporter Steve Centanni and photographer Olaf Wiig announced their acceptance of Islam on a videotape released by their kidnappers — “because they had the guns,” Centanni later said, “and we didn’t know what the hell was going on.”Whether their acquiescence was an act of cowardice or of prudence, reasonable people can debate. Clearly it wasn’t their only choice. If I were ever told, with a gun to my head, to recite the Shahada or die, I hope I would have the courage to take the bullet.And I hope I would remember the example not of Centanni and Wiig, but of Fabrizio Quattrocchi, an Italian security guard taken hostage in Iraq in 2004. Quattrocchi’s jihadi captors, intending to make a video of an infidel’s craven death, ordered him to kneel beside an open grave with a hood on his head. Defiantly, he stood up, tried to rip off the hood, and shouted, “I will show you how an Italian dies!” They murdered him an instant later, but he died bravely, on his feet, refusing with his last breath to be humiliated by savages.

Can you believe this guy. It would be pretty funny for someone to kidnap him and see if his money is where his mouth is.