Crime Report

At 8:20 a.m. on Wednesday, October 8, two men attempted to snatch a woman’s purse on the 6000 block of 60th Street. The two came up behind the victim and took her purse, but were scared away by her screaming and the presence of a bystander. The victim describes the offender who took her purse as black, between the ages of 13 and 15, and standing at a height of about 5 feet, 4 inches. She describes his companion as black; 5 feet, 4 inches; and about 15 years old. The woman’s screaming alerted a woman across the street, who also started to yell. Upon hearing the screaming, the men dropped the purse and ran south on Drexel Avenue.

A laptop computer and a color printer were stolen from an apartment on the 5000 block of South Blackstone Avenue. The victim returned home at about 4:15 a.m. on October 8 and found that the air conditioner in her bedroom had been pushed in to the room from the outside, leaving the window open. The burglars exited the apartment through the rear door.

A bicycle and a computer were stolen from an apartment on the 5400 block of South Kenwood Avenue on October 8 between 1:30 and 4:30 p.m. The point of entry was an unlocked kitchen window.

An intruder forced open the rear door to an apartment on the 5400 block of South Ridgewood Court on Tuesday, October 7, between 9:10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Upon returning home, the resident of the apartment found her home in disarray. Nothing was taken.

A woman returned to her apartment on the 5400 block of South Ridgewood Court on Wednesday, October 8, to find that her jewelry, computer and video were stolen between 3:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. The burglar entered the apartment by forcing the rear door open.

-Anna Vinnik