Princeton Review: Law School Ranks #1

The University of Chicago’s Law School was ranked first in the best overall academic experience category in the Princeton Review’s 2006 edition of “159 Best Law Schools.” According to the Princeton Review, the ranking is based on a combination of school-reported data and student answers to survey questions. The school’s data includes average LSAT scores and undergraduate GPAs of first-year students, as well as percent of applicants who are accepted and percent enrolled.

Students answered survey questions about the quality of teaching, accessibility of the professors, research resources, tolerance of diverse opinions in the classroom, and difficulty of the coursework.

The Law School was also ranked third for best career prospects, seventh for best professors, and eighth for selectivity.

The Graduate School of Business (GSB) was ranked seventh for best career prospects. This ranking is based on student reported information concerning the placement office, the quality of recruiting companies, and off-campus opportunities.

Data supplied by the school includes average starting salary and percent of students employed at graduation.

“We seek to prepare you with knowledge, command of the relevant tools, and, most important, the ability to think through unique problems, make decisions, and lead,” Ted Snyder, dean of the GSB, said.