Sinbad mans up

If First Kid taught me anything, it’s that you never want to get Sinbad angry. He is 6 feet and 5 inches of pure power. Hell, the man has overcome death, you just don’t mess with that.But, that is what Mrs. Experience, Hillary Clinton, has gone and done. Hillary has been really ramping up her foreign policy experience lately and one key data point she has used is when she went to Bosnia in 1996:

Clinton, during a late December campaign appearance in Iowa, described a hair-raising corkscrew landing in war-torn Bosnia, a trip she took with her then-teenage daughter, Chelsea. “They said there might be sniper fire,” Clinton said.

But, Sinbad describes the trip a little differently:

Harrowing? Not that Sinbad recalls. He just remembers it being a USO tour to buck up the troops amid a much worse situation than he had imagined between the Bosnians and Serbs.In an interview with the Sleuth Monday, he said the “scariest” part of the trip was wondering where he’d eat next. “I think the only ‘red-phone’ moment was: ‘Do we eat here or at the next place.'”…”I never felt that I was in a dangerous position. I never felt being in a sense of peril, or ‘Oh, God, I hope I’m going to be OK when I get out of this helicopter or when I get out of his tank.'”

Sinbad even gets this pretty good riff off on Hillary’s stump speech logic:

In her Iowa stump speech, Clinton also said, “We used to say in the White House that if a place is too dangerous, too small or too poor, send the First Lady.”Say what? As Sinbad put it: “What kind of president would say, ‘Hey, man, I can’t go ’cause I might get shot so I’m going to send my wife…oh, and take a guitar player and a comedian with you.'”

In response, the Clinton campaign has gone after Sinbad, claiming he recounted the story differently in 2000. Maybe we need to hear Sheryl Crow’s side of the story. Crow, of course, was the third member of the famous diplomatic MOD squad that set things right in Bosnia.