Chicago Marathon 2009 Gallery

On Sunday, October 11th, 40,000 runners entered the Chicago Marathon, racing a course wrapping around Chicago.
+
Shahzad Ahsan

Medals for marathon finishers at the Chicago Marathon. 

Runners completed a course that began and ended at Grant Park and wound all around the city.

The Chicago Marathon took place on a cold and rainy Sunday. Runners completed a course that began and ended at Grant Park and wound all around the city.
A man finishes the grueling 26.2 mile run. The 2009 Chicago Marathon took place on a cold and rainy Sunday. Runners followed a route from Grant Park all around the city.
A clean-up crew shovels cups off of the marathon course in Boystown. The 2009 Chicago Marathon took place on a cold and rainy Sunday. Runners followed a route from Grant Park all around the city.
The 2009 Chicago Marathon took place on a cold and rainy Sunday. Runners followed a route from Grant Park all around the city.
A marathon participant parading his national flag runs through Chinatown during the Chicago Marathon on October 11.
The Frontrunners cheered marathon participants through Boystown at the 2009 Chicago Marathon. The event took place on a cold and rainy Sunday. Runners followed a route from Grant Park all around the city.
A runner smiles after completing the 26.2 miles of the Chicago Marathon on October 11.
A runner pauses to change after completing the marathon on October 11.
The marathon participants run below the BP Bridge during the Chicago Marathon on October 11.
A marathon finisher re-heats himself with a space blanket. The Chicago Marathon took place on a cold and rainy Sunday. Runners completed a course that began and ended at Grant Park and wound all around the city.