Deutsche Bank to sponsor finance and risk lectures at Booth

Deutsche Bank created a similar partnership with New York University’s Leonard N. Stern School of Business, which, unlike the U of C’s, will include risk management and regulation courses.

Deutsche Bank will sponsor a series of lectures and a summer conference for Ph.D. students at the Booth School of Business devoted to discussion of financial regulation and risk management. The series is part of a partnership between Deutsche Bank and Booth, announced this month.

The series, which is called “Risk and Regulation in Financial Markets,” is designed to educate students about issues that are becoming increasingly important in many of the sectors they will enter upon graduation. “This partnership will enable Chicago Booth to strengthen its leadership position in risk management and financial regulation,” Booth Dean Edward Snyder said in a press release.

Attendance at the lecture series and at the Ph.D. conference is intended to “complement coursework,” according to Booth spokesman Allan Friedman.

The programming itself will be run entirely by the Booth School. “A faculty committee comprised of three senior finance faculty members and representatives of the Dean’s Office chooses speakers,” Freidman said.

The funding will also support research at two NYU Stern research centers, the Volatility Institute and the Salomon Center for the Study of Financial Institutions, as well as annual events addressing risk and regulation. These events include an annual conference on risk hosted by The Volatility Institute and a “research day” to present the results of research conducted by NYU faculty and other scholars to practitioners and the academic community.