STD (Stuff to Do)—May 21 through May 27

Glee comes to town and Joe’s Bar throws its annual Pug Party

Friday | May 21

2006 Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammad Yunus will be at the Harris School to talk about his new book, Building Social Business. Social business is an economic model that follows Yunus’s concept of microcredit by harnessing profit-making efforts to fulfill human needs. (Harris School 142, 6 p.m., free)

Saturday | May 22

Because there is nothing cuter than young children dressed in traditional Korean clothes, be sure to catch the special performance by the Little OL Children’s Choir, the Little OL Korea Youth Pops Chamber Orchestra, and the Korean Traditional Dancing and Percussion Ensemble at Rockefeller Chapel. The concert is free, but donations to benefit the Korean American Food for the Hungry International will be accepted. (Rockefeller Chapel, 4 p.m., free)

The first nice weekend in May can only mean one thing: It’s time for the annual Pug Party at Joe’s Bar. Hundreds of pugs of all shapes and sizes will strut their stuff at the fashion show and talent contest. (940 West Weed Street, 12 p.m., $7, free for pugs)

Sunday | May 23

Trinidadian musician and “Calypso King of the World” The Mighty Sparrow will be performing at International House for the Festival of Nations to benefit Haiti relief efforts. Other performers at the festival include Gingarte Capoeira, bhangra, and a performance by the Middle Eastern Music Ensemble. (International House, 1 p.m., $5)

Monday | May 24

Catch the third installment of the American Theater Company’s Silver Project this Monday, as playwrights attempt to answer the question: What does it mean to be an American? Each one-act play, written and performed by Chicago artists ,takes place in a different year between 1985 and 2010. (1909 West Byron, 7:30 p.m., free)

Tuesday | May 25

Celebrate all things Turkish at the 8th annual Chicago Turkish Festival. Visitors will be able to experience the diversity of Turkey through the 40 booths at the festival, such as orchid ice cream, silk carpet weaving, and calligraphy demonstrations. There will also be a midday show featuring the Ottoman Military Band, whirling dervishes, and a Turkish fashion show. (Daley Plaza, 12 p.m., free)

You may have just seen Neil Patrick Harris on “Glee” last week, but now’s the chance for Gleeks to watch the hit musical comedy in person at Glee Live. Sing along with Rachel, Finn, Mercedes, and the rest of the glee club as they perform favorites such as “Don’t Stop Believin’” and “Jump.” (Rosemont Theater, 8 p.m., $44)

Wednesday | May 26

Despite having changed its name five times in the past and revolving its lineup, Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra (the double ‘e’ is meant to distinguish the band’s current reincarnation from its previous name, The Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra) has managed to release six studio albums. Those in attendance at the Quebecois band’s concert at Lincoln Hall will also get a limited-edition gig poster. (2424 North Lincoln Avenue, 9 p.m., $15)

Thursday | May 27

Before there was Creed and “inspirational” music, there was “Rock? It’s Your Decision.” The Christian scare film by John Taylor tells the story of a young Christian boy with a love of rock and roll who must decide between a life of listening to Satan-worshipping rock stars or a life of purity spent worshipping Jesus. (Max Palevsky Cinema, 9:15 p.m., $5)