STD—January 28 to February 3

This year’s Revels and free day at the Field Museum!

Friday | January 28

The University of Chicago Revels returns with The Ballad of Scavenger Gulch: A Tale of Lost & Found. The musical play features professors David Bevington and Philip Hoffman as gun-slinging art-lovers and author Sara Peretsky as an unscrupulous Vegas impresario recruiting for Vegas shows. For those who want to grab dinner and a show, there will be an optional dinner for $35 before. (Quadrangle Club, 8 p.m., $10)

What will Chicago be like once it is finally free of Mayor Daley’s grip? What will the city do with all the signs with Daley’s name on them? Find the answers to these questions and more at “Chicago A.D. (After Daley)” at the Jackson Junge Gallery. The various works on display address everything from the Daley legacy to the parking meter fiasco to the expansion of O’Hare. (1389 North Milwaukee Avenue, 11 a.m.—8 p.m., free)

Saturday | January 29

Bay Area rapper Lyrics Born ventures into the cold Chicago winter to perform at the Abbey Pub. The Japanese-American artist, known for his unique style of “Em-singing,” will be appearing with Keys N Krates, The Opus, and organic hip-hop band Abstract Giants. (3420 West Grace Street, 8:30 p.m., $20)

Sunday | January 30

Ring in the Year of the Rabbit at the Chinese Student & Scholar Association’s Chinese New Year Party. Although the New Year isn’t until February 3, there will be plenty of performances, authentic Chinese food, and traditional New Year games. For those who want to work for their food, the party is free for volunteers who show up before 4 p.m. to help make dumplings. (International House, 4 p.m., $5)

Monday | January 31

Get out of Hyde Park and take advantage of free admission to the Field Museum. Current exhibits include “The Romance of Ants,” which features a colony of live ants, and “Gold,” which examines the history of the rare metal. Of course, Sue the T. Rex will be there to greet you in the main hall. (1400 South Lake Shore Drive, 9 a.m.—5 p.m., free)

Tuesday | February 1

The latest in the Chicago Tribune’s Chicago Forward forums on public policy examines the state of health care in Chicago. The discussion, titled “A Healthy Chicago,” includes Oprah’s second-favorite doctor Dr. Mehmet Oz, and Dean for Community-Based Research at the University Medical Center Dr. Eric Whitaker, among others. (50 East Erie Street, 6 p.m., $10)

Wednesday | February 2

In honor of Groundhog Day, Doc Films will hold a special screening of the 1993 film Groundhog Day. The film, which stars Bill Murray as a jaded weatherman reliving the “holiday,” was added to the United States National Film Registry in 2006 because it was deemed culturally significant. (Max Palevsky Cinema, 9:30 p.m., $5)

Thursday | February 3

Get your skank on with Less Than Jake at the Bottom Lounge. The ska-punk band is on tour to promote its new CD TV/EP, which is a collection of covers of commercial jingles and TV theme songs. The Super Villains and Off With Their Heads will open for the band. (1375 West Lake Street, 6:30 p.m., $17)

Have an event you’d like to see in STD? E-mail StuffToDo@ChicagoMaroon.com