Top 5 Worst Fashion Faux Pas

Sheer Clothing

If you could have any superpower, which one would you choose? For those who answered X-ray vision, your wish has come true. I normally associate sheer with an accessory: something you wear in addition to what you have on, to add a certain flair. But sheer as a material for clothing? Maybe it looks avant-garde on a runway, but if you’re walking down the street in a full-on sheer dress, you are still naked. Think of a wedding veil: You can still see the bride’s face, right? Well, everyone can still see your entire body.

Clogs

I myself have worn clogs once in my life: when I played a milkmaid in my sixth grade play. But, apparently, this trend has leapt off wooden Dutch dolls and right into people’s closets. I honestly can’t help but wonder if having your foot strapped onto a curved hunk of wood is comfortable. And, what’s more, they have started coming with fur, or studded leather. Next time you hear a steady clunking coming up behind you, you can be pretty sure that someone is channeling their inner milkmaid.

Loungewear

The beauty of pajamas is that you can peel off your clothes after a long day and snuggle up in pajamas that are unsullied by the outside world. But when pajamas start leaving the house, and become an alternative to clothes, it opens up a whole new can of worms. What do you wear when you want to cozy up in front of the TV? Do those bright pink pajama bottoms with the bearded giraffes become socially acceptable? Just make life easy: keep your pajamas at home and your outside clothes outside.

Full-on Denim

Don’t get me wrong, I love jeans. But there’s also such a thing as moderation. The solution to the dilemma of having both cute jeans and a cute jean shirt is not to wear both at the same time. Space it out. Show off your denim skinny jeans one day, and your denim oversized shirt another day. Otherwise, you run the risk of looking like a farmer. Denim is definitely a less-is-more kind of thing.

Long-Pants Rompers

The romper was definitely a staple of my summer. Short rompers, that is. They are just enough of a one-piece without venturing into jumpsuit territory. Long-pants rompers, however, make this tragic leap. It is just very difficult for a trendy version of a jumpsuit to look flattering. If you’re one of the few who can rock this look, good for you. But the rest of us should just stick to short rompers and call it a day.