Valois celebrates Obama’s re-election with “President’s Favorite Breakfast” giveaway

President Obama’s favorite restaurant gave out his favorite breakfast in celebration of his re-election this morning.

Valois, the Hyde Park diner famous for its cafeteria style production and POTUS approval, altered its usual menu from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m., inviting hundreds of Chicagoans to feast upon the “No. 2”: two scrambled egg whites, turkey sausage, hash browns and wheat toast.

In little over four hours, more than 700 had been served the President’s favorite and the line stretches a block and half, spanning from East 53rd Street and South Harper Avenue to Lake Park Avenue.

The breakfast joint attracted neighbors of Obama’s and non-Hyde Parkers alike with the give-away.

Lacisha Dickens, from the far South Side, has never been to Valois but decided to trek north after a night of anticipation of election results, “but this makes it all better,” she said.

“We were praying on our knees earlier last night and then we got up and thanked the Lord at the end of the night. This is so important for the neighborhood,” said Cowana Williams, a native Hyde Parker.

The morning had particular significance for Yolanda Willis, who had canvassed for Obama in Wisconsin, has been a long-time fan of Obama’s favorite and Obama. “We partied last night and we did what we had to do to keep him in the White House. This is very special for me.”