Vic Mensa to replace Jeremih at Summer Breeze

Jeremih out due to scheduling conflicts.

Vic Mensa will replace Jeremih in this year’s Summer Breeze lineup. According to a press release from the Major Activities Board (MAB), Jeremih will not be able to appear due to an unanticipated scheduling conflict.

Mensa is a 20-year-old rapper from the South Side of Chicago. He released his first solo project, Straight Up, in 2010. Mensa is part of the SaveMoney collective, which is group of musicians including Chance the Rapper and several other Chicago artists. Mensa was featured in Chance’s mixtape Acid Rap.

“Despite the unfortunate circumstance of having Jeremih no longer able to perform atSummer Breeze, we are excited to welcome Vic Mensa to Hutch Courtyard for what willbe a fantastic opening set,” said fourth-year MAB chair Jack Friedman in the press release. “His appearance will allow us to continue a year-long trend of featuring leading Chicago performers like Chance the Rapper and Hannibal Buress, which was part of the calculus in initially selecting Jeremih, a Chicago native himself.”

MAB will be offering refunds due to the lineup change. Interested students can receive their refunds on Thursday in the Reynolds Club between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Friedman said that MAB does not anticipate that many students will seek refunds.

“Given our hope that refunds will be relatively limited, we will determine the most efficient way to distribute that number of tickets to students who had not yet had the chance to purchase one,” Friedman said in an e-mail. “We will announce those plans on Thursday after the refund window has closed.”

Mensa joins Flying Lotus, Baauer, and Pusha T as headliners.