Booth Holds Number One Spot In Economist Ranking

The University of Chicago Booth School of Business was ranked first on MBA rankings last week.

The University of Chicago Booth School of Business was ranked first on The Economist’s M.B.A. rankings, the magazine announced last week.

This is the sixth year in a row that Booth has been ranked first. Following Booth this year is Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business, and Harvard Business School.

Dartmouth College’s Tuck School of Business, which last held first in The Economist’s 2012 M.B.A. rankings, was ranked sixth in the 2016 rankings.

The Economist was less kind to the University last year in its first-ever college rankings. The College placed 1,151st in the rankings, which compared the actual earnings of graduates to their expected earnings based on their demographic profile.

Booth was also ranked second by the U.S. News & World Report’s 2017 Best Business Schools rankings, second in Bloomberg’s 2015 best business schools, and ninth in the Financial Times’ 2015 global M.B.A. rankings.