19 First-Years Run for College Council

Candidates were sent a survey with questions about their positions on divestment, free speech, and pay for SG leaders.

Petition signatures were due at 5 p.m. on Thursday for first-years running for College Council.  

19 candidates submitted petitions, which needed a minimum of 30 signatures. Candidates will have to attend a meeting at 5 p.m. Friday evening to officially secure their spot on the ballot.  

The candidates are Adam Berger, Andres Leland, Andrew Harrington, Andy Hatem, Anitej Ramesh, Antonia Stefanescu, Edward Chang, Grant Morrison, Hunter Brookman, Jackson Gibbs, Jahné Brown, Jersey (Joshua) Fonseca, John Patrick (JP) Neenan, Mike Wiley, Obi Kosarachi (Kosi) Achife, Satyen (Sat) Gupta, Teddy Knox, Veronica Myers, and Zarek Drozda. 

Candidates will be tabling in Reynolds Club for an hour each October 10–14.  

A link to vote in the election will be emailed to the first-year class on October 12 at 10 a.m. and voting will remain open until October 14 at 4:30 p.m. First-year students will be able to vote for four different candidates each.  

On Tuesday, The Maroon will publish results of a survey sent to all of the candidates. 

The winning candidates will be announced October 14 at 5 p.m.