Regenstein Library Pilots Undergraduate Exhibit Program

Students will be able to submit exhibits individually or as an RSO.

Beginning spring quarter, the Regenstein Library will be piloting an undergraduate exhibit program for students and RSOs. The Library will select one student-curated collection for display on the first floor that features materials from the Regenstein book stacks.

“A research library of our size has an amazing range of materials from around the world, and there are a lot of treasures to be found only in our collections,” librarian Rebecca Starkey said. “Doing an exhibit is a great experience for students, both for their academic work and professional development.  We are looking for students to be active participants—develop the exhibit themes, content, and supporting materials.”

Currently enrolled students may submit applications as individuals or in RSO groups for exhibits that focus on the humanities or social sciences. The exhibits should be based on original research and accompanied by an abstract and bibliography. Items within the exhibit should be contextualized around a common theme.

The library will provide display space and reference assistance as well as promotional and publicity support.

“Based on our experience this year, we’ll probably continue the program in the fall and have a better idea of how many exhibits per year we can mount,” Starkey said.

Applications for the program will be accepted until March 27.