Council on University Programming to Host Summer Breeze Carnival

The carnival will feature free food, student performances, and an RA dunk tank.

On May 14 at 5 p.m, the Major Activities Board will host the Summer Breeze Music Festival in Hutchinson Courtyard featuring Jeremih, Joey Bada$$, SOPHIE, and TOKiMONSTA. The Council on University Programming (COUP) has organized a carnival before the show that will run from 12–5 p.m. on the quad.

“Similar to previous years, we’ll have fun inflatables, tons of free food, an R.A. dunk tank, free giveaways, and RSO tabling,” COUP said. “We’re also very excited for our awesome lineup of RSO performances as well as [Inter-House Council’s] Family Feud and a professional hypnotist!”

Student groups including Chicago Raas, Voices in Your Head, Rhythmic Bodies in Motion, the UC Pep Band, UChicago Maya, PhiNix Dance Crew, Kojo Daiko, and The Koong will perform at the carnival.

COUP will serve burgers, chicken, pulled pork sliders, ice cream, cotton candy, and popcorn. There will also be a mechanical bull, a rock ’em sock ’em game, and a bungee trampoline.

The R.A. dunk tank is sponsored by the coed service fraternity Alpha Phi Omega’s Gamma Sigma Chapter and will offer three balls for a dollar.

The carnival event is free and will be open to all students.