University Elects Two New Board of Trustees Members

Frank Baker, A.B. ’94, and Guru Ramakrishnan, M.B.A. ’88, join the Board of Trustees.

The University announced last week that the Board of Trustees has elected two new members, Frank Baker, A.B. ’94 and Guru Ramakrishnan, M.B.A. ’88.

Baker co-founded, and serves as managing partner of, Siris Capital Group, LLC, a private equity firm focused on value and control equity investments in data, telecommunications, and technology. He was previously managing director at Ripplewood Holdings, LLC, another private equity firm. He began his career in investment banking at Goldman Sachs in Mergers and Acquisitions.

Baker has been a strong supporter of the College, especially the New Leaders Odyssey Scholarships. Baker and his wife, Laura Day, donated $7 million to the Odyssey program in March, for which the University will name the new Campus North dining hall the “Frank and Laura Baker Dining Commons.”

Ramakrishnan founded and serves as CEO of Meru Capital Group, an employee owned hedge fund sponsor. Before founding Meru Capital, Ramakrishnan was CEO and co-CIO at Old Lane, L.P., an investment management committee. Prior to that, he was a managing director at Morgan Stanley. Ramakrishnan has contributed to publications including the South China Morning Post, Business Line, and The Economic Times. He has provided support to the University of Chicago’s Division of the Humanities and the Booth School of Business.

Both Baker and Ramakrishnan began terms on the Board at the May board meeting.