Wrestlers Reach Podium at Tough Invitational

This past weekend, the men’s wrestling team took sixth place at the Milwaukee School of Engineering Invitational, with half of the team making the podium.

This past Saturday, the Maroon men’s wrestling team placed fifth at the Milwaukee School of Engineering Invitational, with one wrestler winning his weight class and seven other wrestlers reaching the podium. Over half of the Maroon wrestlers brought to the invite placed in the top six in their weight classes. 

Third-year Kyle Peisker led the team with his 174-pound weight class triumph. After receiving a bye in the first round, pinning his second-round opponent in the first period, and winning 15–0 in a technical fall, Peisker won the rest of the bracket through two withdrawals. In the same weight class, first-year Ben Sarasin made it to the finals with three decisions and one major before withdrawing against his teammate. First-year Cole Riemer also made it to the finals of his weight class, pinning both of his first two opponents in the first period, earning a 5–4 decision and a 21–6 technical fall to reach the finals where he lost to a wrestler from Central Iowa.  

Additionally, third-year Kahlan Lee-Lermer and first-year Maguire Pecci placed third in the 165-pound and 149-pound weight classes, respectively. Second-year Will Britain went 4–2 to place fifth in his class, and third-year Steve Bonsall and fourth-year Nick Ferraro both placed sixth in their respective classes.  

This Saturday, the Maroon wrestling team heads to Naperville to compete in the North Central College Invitational.