Booth Announces Accelerated M.B.A. Option for Undergrads

The accelerated option will allow third- and fourth-year students in the College to take six Booth courses that can count toward their future M.B.A.
+
Jamie Manley

The University of Chicago Booth School of Business recently announced an accelerated M.B.A. option as a new addition to Booth’s existing Chicago Booth Scholars program. 

The accelerated option will allow third- and fourth-year students in the College to take six BUSN courses, either at the undergraduate or graduate level, that can count toward their future Chicago Booth M.B.A. This allows students to graduate from Booth in just four quarters in the full-time M.B.A. program or in seven to nine quarters in the evening or weekend M.B.A. programs. For comparison, the average M.B.A. graduation time is three years. 

The Chicago Booth Scholars program admits students while they are still undergraduates and lets them enroll at Booth after a two- to five-year deferment period for work experience.  

Alumni may also participate in the accelerated M.B.A. option for Booth’s full-time M.B.A. program if they completed the requisite BUSN courses while at UChicago and graduated from the College within the last two years. Alums who graduated within the last year are eligible to participate in the part-time M.B.A. program. 

Many other universities offer accelerated M.B.A. programs, including the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University and the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University. More information about the program can be found on the Booth website.