Wahid Al Mamun

Arts Editor

CONTRIBUTIONS

Little Fires Everywhere

A private Facebook group gone awry, plagiarism, sociopathic behavior…call it what you want—the virality of "Bad Art Friend" is deeply rooted in the ways we can and cannot talk and write about race in fiction.

/  

November 1, 2021

/  

10:50 p.m.

"Little Oblivions": All Gore, All Guts, All Glory

In her third record, indie singer-songwriter Julien Baker plumbs the depths of her self-loathing and grapples with faith, goodness, and love.

/  

March 19, 2021

/  

1:13 a.m.

"Tiger King": Why Are We Drawn to Awful People on Screen?

Netflix’s latest viral hit underscores our gleeful penchant for media that reveals the very worst of human character.

/  

April 13, 2020

Saint Motel: Cheesy, Disjointed Fun

Despite technical difficulties and cheesy set layouts, Saint Motel thrilled their audience with an overflowing, whimsical energy at the Vic.

/  

March 6, 2020

Living and Obsessing in the Time of Tame Impala

“The Slow Rush,” Tame Impala’s much-awaited follow-up to “Currents,” cements his position as perhaps one of the best producers alive, and makes the five years well worth the wait for fans old and new.

/  

February 25, 2020

Performing the “blk” Experience with avery r. young

A combination of poetry reading, dance recital, and blues jam session all rolled into one, young’s performance was decidedly unlike anything else seen at the Co-op before.

/  

February 21, 2020

Wholesome Unofficially FDA-Approved Content

While defined by an almost admirable experimental spirit, at its worst, American food can be truly, freakishly awful.

/  

October 21, 2019

At This Year's Lollapalooza, No Issue too Big and No Outfit too Sparkly

This year's Lollapalooza was a chant for change, yet political tension never predominated the otherwise invigorating celebration of musical artistry.

/  

August 11, 2019

With Their New Project, The National Shows That Optimism Is Easy to Find.

Doc Films screened “I Am Easy to Find,” a collaborative film and music project by director Mike Mills and alt-rock band The National.

/  

May 13, 2019

Muse Redeems Itself Live at the United Center

At the final American show of its Simulation Theory World Tour, Muse delivers a performance beyond words.

/  

April 15, 2019