alicia sanchez ramirez

CONTRIBUTIONS

U of C continues decade of top Peace Corps enrollment

“Chicago graduates are so well prepared that they can hit the ground running,” said Dillan Siegler, director of the Chicago Careers in Public and Social Service program.

/  

March 2, 2010

Theft

January 26, 6:25 p.m. - A woman walking on Hyde Park Boulevard between Kenwood and Dorchester was approached by an unknown man, who grabbed her laptop bag.

/  

February 1, 2010

Robbery

January 25, 12:30 a.m. - Five desktop computers and one personal computer were stolen when someone broke in through drywall.

/  

February 1, 2010

“Neurolaw” conference questions role of science in criminal trials

In the past few years, neuroscience has shown up more in legal proceedings, due in part to the rise of the neuroscience field in the 1990s, or “the decade of the brain,” moderator Brent Garland said.

/  

January 26, 2010

Assault and robbery

» January 18, 1:00 p.m. A man walking on the 6000 block of Kimbark Avenue was assaulted by two men, who ran away with his phone.

/  

January 22, 2010

January 12, 10:30 a.m. Robbery

» January 12, 10:30 a.m. A resident of an apartment on the 5300 block of South Drexel Avenue had a personal computer and video-game console stolen by a man described as black and wearing a dark hoodie.

/  

January 15, 2010

University posts up new kiosks

It is uncertain when this project will be completed, as the final step involves installing the lights to illuminate the kiosks.

/  

January 15, 2010

Assault, November 16, 5:45 p.m.

A man standing on the corner of 55th Street and Cornell Avenue was approached by an unknown man, who punched him in the face. The offender was described as black, with a medium build.

/  

November 20, 2009

Attempted robbery, November 16, 7:50 p.m.

A woman walking on the 5600 block of Kimbark Avenue was approached by an unknown man who stopped her by brandishing a gun. The assailant grabbed the woman’s purse and ran when a neighbor yelled at him. The suspect fled in a vehicle driven by a secon…

/  

November 20, 2009

Sexologist alum remembers Kinsey

"Kinsey opened the door for me,” Gagnon said.

/  

November 20, 2009