Emma-Victoria Banos

CONTRIBUTIONS

holysmokes2

[from top left to bottom right] Zander Galluppi as God, Elma Ling Hoffman as Judy Thomas, Laura Mahaniah as Andrea Johnson, Harry Franklin as Simon Peters, and Jess Aaron and Alex Nobert as demons.

/  

July 13, 2021

holysmokes1

/  

July 13, 2021

Holy Smokes

Julia Fennell’s Original Sin is a tough pill to swallow wrapped in a sweet, appetizing coating.

/  

July 12, 2021

/  

7:45 p.m.

Nobody is Faultless, Not Even Lincoln

As Chicago plans to rename some of its public schools, we must remember to ground our perceptions of historical figures and their symbolic resonance in fact.

/  

May 12, 2021

/  

3:18 p.m.

Alivisatos Has Big Shoes to Fill—And He’s Ready to Fill Them

UChicago’s incoming President Alivisatos is committed to supporting students from a broad array of backgrounds and to fostering a pride in academic inquiry in the same way President Zimmer has been. He also shares many other positive qualities with …

/  

April 23, 2021

/  

6:54 p.m.

Patrick Jagoda Talks "Experimental Games: Critique, Play, and Design in the Age of Gamification"

At an online event hosted by the Seminary Co-Op, University of Chicago Press, and 57th Street Books, gamers and game designers alike were given a peek into Patrick Jagoda’s motivations for writing his new book, "Experimental Games."

/  

January 27, 2021

/  

6:01 p.m.

Photo Essay: Fall Vibes 2020

This quarter, our contributing photographers collaborated on a photo essay to express the vibes this Fall. The following is a collection of photos submitted by them that illustrate what being a student feels like right now.

/  

November 11, 2020

FallVibes-8

“Leafing So Soon?”: bright yellow tree at dusk in DUMBO, Brooklyn with the Manhattan Bridge in the background.

/  

Nov. 11, 2020

FallVibes-7

“Adopt-a-Tree”: two women bring home vibrant plants that match the natural greenery of New York in the autumn.

/  

Nov. 11, 2020