Crime Report

A strong-arm robbery occurred at 9:55 p.m. on the 5200 block of South Woodlawn on October 13 when a woman walking alone was pushed to the ground by two male offenders. They demanded her money, took her purse, and fled eastbound on 52nd Street. The first offender is described as a black male in his 20s, 5’10”, 200 pounds with short black hair, a medium complexion, a dark coat and baggy pants. The second offender is described as a black male in his 20s, 6′ tall, 200 pounds with short black hair, and also wearing a dark coat and baggy pants.

On October 13, on the 5400 block of Harper Avenue, a male and a female walking at 2 a.m. were accosted by two male offenders. One displayed a handgun and demanded money from the victims. The victims were relieved of their wallets and told to walk away without turning around. The first offender is described as a black male between 20-25 years old, 6 feet tall, 175-200 pounds, with a medium complexion, leather jacket, and a handgun. The second offender is also described as a black male between 20 and 25 years old, 6 feet tall, 175-200 pounds with a medium complexion.

At 12:57 a.m. on October 12, a man got lost in the vicinity of the 4700 block of Drexel Avenue while looking for 5200 South Drexel. Pulling to the curb, he asked two nearby men for directions. The men offered to get in the car with the man and guide him. However, they pulled a gun on the victim, demanding his wallet and his jewelry. They subsequently directed the victim to continue driving his vehicle until he finally jumped out at 49th and Cottage Grove. The two offenders were able to take the car in an aggravated vehicle hijacking. The first offender is described as a black male, 24 years old, with a thin mustache, medium complexion, gray sweatshirt, carrying a handgun. The second offender is described as a black male in his 20s, with a dark complexion and a black leather jacket.