Crime Report 10-17-03

A man and woman were robbed at gunpoint on Sunday, October 12, at 12:45 a.m. while walking south on the 5200 block of University Avenue. Two male offenders approached the pair, and the first offender warned the victims to “be cool.” He removed the wallet from the female victim’s back pocket, taking money from the wallet and then returning it to the victim. The second offender then displayed a handgun, and took money from the male victim’s front pocket. Both offenders fled in a red van. The first offender was described as 5 feet 8 inches tall, black, about 25 years old and weighing approximately 170 pounds.

Two men were assaulted and then robbed while walking east on the 1400 block of 57th Street on Monday, October 13, at 12:55 a.m. Three male offenders approached the victims from behind. The first victim was struck on the head by the closed fist of the first offender, causing him to fall to the ground. After he had fallen, the second and third offenders searched for his wallet and removed money. While the second and third offenders removed the money from the victim’s wallet, the first offender assaulted and punched the second victim, cutting his head. The first offender then demanded that the victim give up something of value, and when the victim replied that he had nothing of value, all three offenders ran south of Dorchester on foot. The victims describe the first offender as a 30-year-old black man, 6 feet tall and about 180 pounds. The second and third offenders are both described as black males, approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall, and weighing between 150 and 180 pounds. Both men are described as between 18 and 20 years old. The wounded victim was treated at the University hospital.

A male victim was robbed at gunpoint on the 5400 block of Ingleside Avenue at 5:50 p.m. on Tuesday, October 14. The victim reports that he was walking southbound on Ingleside when two offenders approached him, one pointing his hand at the victim from inside his jacket, implying that he had a gun. He then told the victim to empty his pockets. The victim dropped his cell phone and wallet to the ground, and the second offender picked up both items. The two men ran north on Ingleside. The first offender is described as a black man, about 19 years old with short black hair, medium complexion and 6 feet 1 inch tall. The second offender is described as a black man, between the ages of 16 and 19, 6 feet 2 inches tall and 150 pounds.

A burglar stole multiple pieces of jewelry on Friday, October 10, between the times of 7:00 a.m. and 3:40 p.m. The burglar forced open the door to the home, located on the 5100 block of Kimbark Avenue.

Burglars took a television set, VCR, audiotapes and clothing from a home on the 4700 block of South Ingleside Avenue. The victim reports that between noon on Friday, October 11, and 6:30 a.m. on Monday, October 13, when he returned home, a perpetrator had pried open his front door to gain entry.

—Anna Vinnik