Save your breath

David Bernstein at Volokh Conspiracy had

David Bernstein at Volokh Conspiracy had something to say about NY Times bias of Israel, but that got me thinking: first, what source of news hasn’t been accused of bias by one of the sides on the Middle East conflict? And second, who cares about bias on coverage of Israel? I mean, bias isn’t a good thing, but people treat coverage of Israel as if it’s the most important thing ever. In fact, there are groups that dedicate themselves just to exposing a pro-Israel or anti-Israel bias, but why? No other issue prompts so many smart people to spend so much time and get so angry about something so futile to protest.It’s not like anything the NYTimes or AIPAC says about Israel is going to change anyone’s mind on the issue. In fact, I can’t think of any other issue that is more polarized. Of course, a large amount of the conflict is played out in the press with both sides trying to convince the world that they are the embattled minority fighting to defend their way of life and homeland. But, I’m tired of this useless and endless debate (if you could even call two parties screaming and killing one another a debate). It never goes anywhere, the cool heads never win, and the fighting just continues. Maybe if people realized they were just pawns in this PR battle some progress could actually be achieved.