Crime Report

The Original Pancake House on the 1500 block of East Hyde Park Boulevard was robbed at 7:48 a.m. August 5. An unarmed man entered the restaurant and demanded money from the cashier. The cashier complied, and the man fled on foot. Police are looking for a bald black man approximately 25 years old, 5’2” tall, weighing 180 pounds.

A man was the victim of an attempted robbery on August 6th at 5400 South Greenwood Avenue. Four men approached the man, who was hit with a piece of concrete. Two of the men held the victim while the others searched his pockets, but they left without taking the victim’s money or property. The victim was treated at a nearby hospital and released. Police are seeking four black males, ages 16-18.

The victim of a strongarm robbery at 1 am on August 8th stopped to help a jogger who said that his leg was hurt. Two men then came from behind the victim and put him in a headlock, while his pockets were searched and his wallet removed. Police are seeking 3 black males in their early 20s.

Another man was the victim of a strongarm robbery on August 8th, at 1:15 am on the 5700 block of South Ellis. The victim, walking alone, was passed by three male offenders, one of whom disabled him by jumping on his back. After stealing the victim’s wallet, the robbers fled on foot. Police are looking for 3 black males approximately 20 to 25 years of age, who were wearing light-colored clothing.

A third strongarm robbery occurred on August 8th, on the 5400 block of South Greenwood Avenue, at 1:15 am. The victims, a male and a female, were sitting in a parked car. 6 men forced them out of the car, took jewerly, a purse and a wallet, and fled on foot. Police are looking for six black males between the ages of 18 and 20.