Crime Report

A pigeon-drop con was attempted July 3 on the 900-block of East 56th Street. At 9:33 AM the University Police were called by a female who reported that she had been approached by two females who asked her if she had dropped a black pouch they claimed to have recovered. The woman reported that she had not dropped anything and suggested opening the pouch. She informed the police that the pouch appeared to contain a large sum of money. She walked away, and the two women then left walking eastbound on 56th Street. The first female is between 30 and 45 years old, 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighing about 150 pounds with a dark complexion. She was wearing an olive green suit. The second is between 30 and 45 years old, five feet six inches between 160 and 170 pounds, with a dark complexion. She was wearing a brown dress. The woman reported that both women who approached her were very well dressed.

At 10:55 PM on July 6, a pizza delivery driver was the victim of an armed robbery on the 4800-block of South Ellis Avenue. He had determined that the address he had been given was fake and was walking back to his vehicle when he was approached by three men, one of whom displayed a handgun. They demanded money, and the victim complied. The offenders then entered a nearby parked car, described as a grey or silver four door, make and model unknown, with temporary plates. The man who held the gun is a black male about 20 years old, 6 feet 3 inches, weighing 200 pounds, with a medium complexion. He was dressed in a red tank top and blue jeans. The second is also described as a black male of about 20 years of age. He is 5 feet 9 inches tall with a dark complexion and slim build. He was wearing a black baseball cap and a beige t-shirt with an unknown number printed on it. The third was a black male about 20 year of age, 5 feet 8 inches tall, with a slim build. He was wearing a blue t-shirt, blue jean shorts, and white tennis shoes.

An armed robbery occurred July 10 at 10:13 p.m. on the 5400-block of South Ellis Avenue. A male and a female were talking in front of a building. They entered a gangway, and as they approached the rear of the building they were approached by two men, one of whom was holding a rifle. They demanded the man’s wallet and the woman’s purse. After taking cash from the wallet and purse, the two men fled south on Greenwood Avenue. The man with the weapon is described as a black male between 20 and 30 years old, six feet two inches tall and weighing between 150 and160 pounds. He had braided hair, a slim build, and a dark complexion. He was wearing a black t-shirt. The second man was described as a black male between 20 and 30 years of age, about six feet eleven inches, weighing 180, pounds with a heavy build, dark complexion, and also wearing a black t-shirt.