ORCSA renamed Center for Leadership & Involvement

The office hopes to cut down on acronyms at the University.

The University renamed the Office of the Reynolds Club and Student Activities (ORCSA) to the Center for Leadership and Involvement (CLI) on September 22, 2014. The CLI said they changed the name to better suit the comprehensive, motivational needs of the organization.

None of the organization’s existing functions have changed. It will still be responsible for providing assistance to the more than 400 Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) that exist on campus and for scheduling evening classes and rehearsal venues, as well as spaces for various functions and events.

Sarah Cunningham, the senior director for student life and assistant dean of students in the University, was enthusiastic about the name change. “This new name more accurately reflects the Center’s mission to engage students in transformative leadership opportunities through their participation in student organizations and programs. The Center is focused on helping students develop the skills necessary to be effective communicators, team members, and leaders by building on their distinct strengths and interests,” she said in a statement. She also thanked students and alumni who were involved in the process.

The CLI will also launch a debt reduction program in fall quarter, mainly to help RSOs that are currently experiencing financial deficits. The leaders of participating RSOs are expected to meet with members of the CLI and the University’s financial advisers to analyze their budgets for the year.

The CLI’s Activities Center and Advising Center, both located in the lower level of the Reynolds Club, are currently undergoing renovations to allow for more meetings and events to be held there. The RSO offices in Ida Noyes and Bartlett also underwent renovations over the summer.

—Cairo Lewis