Major Activities Board Announces 2017 Summer Breeze Lineup

The concert will feature Shelley Marshaun Massenburg-Smith (D.R.A.M.), Tinashe Jorgensen Kachingwe (Tinashe), and Sam Gellaitry on May 20 in Hutchinson Courtyard.
Miriam Benjamin
Students attend a Jeremih performance at Summer Breeze 2016.

The Major Activities Board (MAB) announced the lineup for its annual Summer Breeze concert this evening on Bartlett quad. The concert will feature Shelley Marshaun Massenburg-Smith (D.R.A.M.), Tinashe Jorgenson Kachingwe (Tinashe), and Sam Gellaitry on May 20 in Hutchinson Courtyard.

D.R.A.M., an acronym for Does Real Ass Music, is a rapper, singer and songwriter born in Germany and raised in Hampton, Virginia. He is best known for his songs “Broccoli” with Lil Yachty (2016), “Cash Machine” (2016), “Cute” (2016), and “Cha Cha” (2015).

Tinashe is a singer and songwriter whose music blends hip-hop, R&B, and pop. She is also a record producer, actress, dancer, and former model originally from Lexington, Kentucky. Tinashe is best known for her songs “2 On” (2014), “Superlove” (2016), “All Hands on Deck” (2014), and “Player” (2015).

Gellaitry is a 20-year-old DJ and producer from Stirling, Scotland, who creates futuristic electronic music. After leaving school at the age of 16 to pursue music, Gellaitry released Short Stories, his first extended play (EP) in 2015 at the age of 18, followed by his Escapism EP that same year.

Tickets will become available for $25 on May 6 from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m., and current students will be able to purchase a maximum of two tickets per UCID. Non-UChicago students may attend the event if a ticket is purchased on their behalf by a University student. In the case of rain, the event will move to Mandel Hall for those with the first 800 tickets. The remainder of the tickets will be refunded. Doors to the concert will open at 5:30 p.m., and the show will begin at 6 p.m.