Crime Report

Three men robbed an 82-year-old man while he waited to cross the street on 49 street and South Cottage Grove Avenue at 12:49 pm on November 3.  The victim was grabbed from behind and thrown to the ground by one of the offenders. The other two offenders went through the victim’s pockets and took his wallet. All three offenders then fled west on 49th Street.  The first offender was described as a black man with a medium complexion between the ages of 25 and 30, 5 foot 9 inches tall and 180 pounds, wearing a black and orange jacket and black pants. The second and third offenders were both described as black men with dark complexions between the ages of 25 and 30, 5 foot 8 and 160 pounds, wearing brown jackets and black pants.

Two men robbed a 45-year-old woman at gunpoint as she left the Save-a-Lot at 4701 South Cottage Grove Avenue at 2 pm on November 2,.  One offender pushed the woman and then brandished a gun while the other took her cash.  Both offenders fled on foot.  The first offender was described as a black man with a light complexion, 5 foot 7 and 130 pounds. The second offender was described as a black man with a medium complexion, 6 foot tall and 185 pounds.

A burglary suspect was caught while committing a residential burglary in the vicinity of 5400 South Harper Avenue at approximately 1pm on November 6.  At this time details of the case are unknown, but a string of local burglaries have been attributed to a suspect fitting this description.