Student Wellness Partners with UC Med for Expedited Symptomatic Testing

There have been 48 new cases of COVID-19 this week and 211 close contacts.
Meghan Hendrix

According to the UChicago Forward update sent on November 12, there have been 48 new cases of COVID-19 this week and 211 close contacts, bringing the campus positivity rate to 0.34 percent for this week. Three of these cases were found through surveillance testing. There are fewer than five students isolating on campus and 16 isolating off-campus.

“Student Wellness has partnered with the UChicago Medical Center to streamline and expedite COVID-19 testing for students who are symptomatic,” according to the update. Symptomatic students can call UChicago Student Wellness at (773) 834–WELL to schedule an appointment for testing. This phone number can also be used by students to ask questions about testing.

The University has also rolled out PCR testing for members of the University community who are exposed to COVID-19. Testing will occur at the Walker Museum and the Gleacher Center. Previously, any exposure testing was conducted through UChicago Medicine or another testing provider.

Appointments can be scheduled through my.WellnessPortal and will require the completion of the Voluntary Surveillance Testing consent form if the individual was not previously enrolled in the Mandatory or Voluntary Surveillance Testing Programs. The UChicago Forward website has more information regarding symptomatic and exposure testing programs.

The update also included guidance regarding flu season and holiday travel requirements. The University recommends that anyone feeling symptoms of either the flu or COVID get tested for both viruses. Individuals who require proof of a negative COVID test prior to travelling internationally can obtain a test at no cost through the University’s testing program.

COVID-19 vaccination booster shots are available for booster-eligible students through UChicago Medicine and Friend Health, in addition to the Walgreens and CVS locations near campus.