Special Report: Professor James Robinson and the 2023 Pearson Global Forum

The Maroon’s Gregory Caesar interviews Harris School of Public Policy professor, leading political economist, and Pearson Institute director James Robinson about the 2023 Pearson Global Forum.

Entitled “Disparity: A Thin Line Divides Human Realities,” this forum will gather global policymakers, scholars, and subject-matter experts to explore existing disparity throughout the world. It will address various topics of global significance, including refugees of war and climate, despotic governments, and both new and protracted global conflicts.

Highlights of the 2023 forum include:

• Addresses by Ernesto Zedillo, former president of Mexico (1994–2000), and Shirin Ebadi, the first female judge in Iran and a recipient of the 2023 Nobel Peace Prize.
  • Panel discussions on inequity and social mobility, the Iranian future, and the struggle for Afghan freedom.
  • The release of a Pearson/AP-Norc poll on Americans’ attitudes on foreign policy, especially regarding issues around Mexico and Afghanistan.

The event will be held at the David Rubenstein Forum on Friday, October 20, and is free to attend. Register here.

Hosted by: Gregory Caesar

Featuring: James Alan Robinson