Crime Report 11-22-2005

A woman was robbed while walking on the 5600 block of South Harper Avenue at 11:47 a.m. on Thursday, November 17. The victim was approached by the male offender, who then threw her to the ground and wrestled a black messenger bag from her. After taking her bag, he got into a nearby car and drove eastbound through an alley. The stolen bag contained the victim’s wallet, cell phone, credit cards, miscellaneous IDs, and approximately $100 in cash. The offender is described as a black man, about 25 years old, 5-foot-8, medium-weight, and with a medium complexion. He was wearing a black skull cap and a dark jacket, and the escape vehicle is described as a “newer” silver Honda.

There was an aggravated robbery on the 1300 block of East 52nd Street at 8:29 p.m. on Sunday, November 20. A man was walking alone on the street when he was approached from behind by a male offender. The offender pushed the victim to the ground and demanded his money. The victim surrendered $30. The offender was then surprised by a passing vehicle and, after ordering the victim to remain on the ground, fled from the scene. The offender is described as a black man, about 25 years old, 5-foot-10, and 170 pounds. He was wearing a black hat and a dark jacket.