Hillary’s fat lie

At the most recent Democratic debate, the candidates were asked whether they supported English as cou

At the most recent Democratic debate, the candidates were asked whether they supported English as country’s “official” language. Hillary Clinton said that she does not–although she does want English to be the “national” language, whatever that means–explaining,

[English as the official language] means you can’t have government pay for translators in hospitals so when somebody comes in with some sort of emergency there’s nobody there to help translate what their problem is for the doctor.

This is such an egregious lie it’s not even funny. The bill making English the official language explicitly makes an exception for the Clinton’s concern. Part of the bill reads,

This section [which requires functions of government to be conducted in English] shall apply to all laws, public proceedings, regulations, publications, orders, actions, programs, and policies, but does not apply to…actions or documents that protect the public health and safety.

Clearly, the situation that Clinton worries about would be covered by this exception.In the end, however, I don’t know what’s worse, Clinton’s lie, or the media’s scant coverage of this lie.