Crime report

A man was shot while standing by the bus stop on the corner of 51st and University Avenue on Tuesday, October 28 at 6:30 a.m. A man approached the victim and demanded his wallet. He then shot the victim in his side, took his money, and fled east on 51st Street in a white 1995 Chevrolet automobile. The offender is described as a white male, approximately 25 years of age, with a shaved head and blonde mustache. The victim survived the attack.

On Wednesday, October 29 at approximately 11 p.m., three men began a paintball-shooting spree. They shot various individuals and objects with a paintball gun while traveling in an automobile near 55th Street and Greenwood Avenue. At 10:30 p.m., they shot a man in the back with a paintball near 4700 South Woodlawn Avenue. At 11:05 p.m., they shot another man with a paintball in his right arm at 5401 South Greenwood Avenue. At 11:07 p.m., they shot at a man near the corner of 57th Street and Kimbark Avenue. All three incidents were reported to the police during this time. University Police later apprehended the suspects at 55th Street and Woodlawn Avenue, discovering two black paintball guns in their car. The suspects are charged with two counts of battery and one count of assault. They are set to appear in court on December 25, 2003.

Four men attempted to rob a man standing at the bus stop at 4701 South Cottage Grove Avenue on Thursday, October 30 at 2 a.m. Three men held the victim at gunpoint and rifled through his pockets with the fourth serving as a lookout. After not finding anything of value, the assailants reportedly apologized to the victim and left the scene.

A man was walking north on Blackstone Avenue early Saturday morning, November 1, at 1:55 a.m., when a male attacker approached him from behind and punched him. The offender proceeded to remove the victim’s money, cell phone, and IDs. The offender fled south on Blackstone Avenue and is still at large.