Crime Report: 2-5-08

niversity student reported that she was approached by an unknown man who had pulled up in his vehicle to the curb as she crossed the 5500 block of South University Avenue. The offender pushed her up against a wall, asked her where she kept her money, and removed her purse. He returned to the vehicle with the purse and drove west on 55th Street. He is described as male, black, and of heavy build, and wore black clothing at the time of the incident.

February 2, 5:00 p.m. — Two unknown men approached a male victim as he was jogging in the street on the 6400 block of South Kenwood Avenue. One offender moved into the street to meet the victim and displayed a handgun, while the other remained on the sidewalk. The first offender demanded the victim’s iPod and his money. The victim surrendered the iPod but told the offender that he wasn’t carrying cash. The victim was then told to run by the offender, which he did. Both offenders are described as male, black, approximately 18 years old, and of medium builds, and wore dark, baggy clothing at the time of the incident.