After the Revolution Play

After the Revolution, a play written by Amy Herzog and directed by third-year Megan Philippi, depicts the story of a Marxist family thrown into conflict when an unpleasant truth about the family’s much-venerated grandfather comes to light.
-
The play's main character, the social-activist Emma Joseph (played by second-year Sophie Hoyt) comes on a family visit after graduating law school.
The play’s main character, the social-activist Emma Joseph (played by second-year Sophie Hoyt) comes on a family visit after graduating law school. ()
Emma's father (played by first-year Thomas Noriega) argues with her over how they should deal with the fact that her grandfather acted as a Soviet spy.
Emma’s father (played by first-year Thomas Noriega) argues with her over how they should deal with the fact that her grandfather acted as a Soviet spy. ()
Emma explains to her biggest donor Morty (played by second-year Tom Klosterman) that she feels uncomfortable accepting donations for her fund, since it is named for her grandfather.
Emma explains to her biggest donor Morty (played by second-year Tom Klosterman) that she feels uncomfortable accepting donations for her fund, since it is named for her grandfather. ()
Emma argues with her boyfriend Miguel (played by first-year Austin Regalado), who is exasperated that she is flagging in their mission to free a prisoner on death row because of her family's past.
Emma argues with her boyfriend Miguel (played by first-year Austin Regalado), who is exasperated that she is flagging in their mission to free a prisoner on death row because of her family’s past. ()
Doubting her past, her family, and even the righteousness of her current social-justice work, Emma feels like her life is falling apart.
Doubting her past, her family, and even the righteousness of her current social-justice work, Emma feels like her life is falling apart. ()
Emma bonds with her sister Jess (played by third-year Maggie Strahan), who has recently left rehab and begun to get her life together.
Emma bonds with her sister Jess (played by third-year Maggie Strahan), who has recently left rehab and begun to get her life together. ()
Emma and her father finally lay out their grievances with each other and get some closure.
Emma and her father finally lay out their grievances with each other and get some closure. ()
Emma explains to her grandmother (played by fourth-year Melissa Needlman) the conclusions she has reached after much soul-searching.
Emma explains to her grandmother (played by fourth-year Melissa Needlman) the conclusions she has reached after much soul-searching. ()