Crime Report 11-2-04

A strong-arm robbery occurred on October 28 at 7:30 p.m. on the 5400 block of South Blackstone Avenue. Two men walking on Blackstone Avenue were approached from behind by two men who said, “Give us what you got.” The offenders then threw both victims onto the ground. The first victim gave up his wallet, which included credit cards and $10; the second victim had his pockets searched, but had nothing of value. Both offenders fled the area on foot. The offenders, black men between the ages of 18 and 20, were wearing dark hoodies.

An armed robbery and assault occurred on October 31 at 10 p.m. along the 5800 block of South Blackstone Avenue. The victim, a teenager, was walking southbound on Blackstone Avenue with a group of friends. The victim encountered four men, who started attacking the victim’s friends. The teenager attempted to run away, but one of the offenders caught up to him, brandished a handgun in front of the victim’s face, and demanded his money. The victim was forced to the ground, and when the rest of the offenders caught up to him, they searched his pockets. The offenders took his cell phone and then fled the scene. The offenders were described as black men in their 20s wearing dark hoodies.