Crime Report: 4-4-2006

March 24, 11:22 p.m.—An armed robbery occurred in the 5700 block of South Lake Park Avenue. A 21-year-old man was reportedly walking eastbound on East 57th Street when two other men approached him from behind. One of the offenders demanded the victim’s money, pointed a metal object at him, and then pushed him against a parked car. The second offender went through the victim’s pants pockets and seized a wallet before both offenders fled the scene on foot.

One of the offenders was described as a black man, age 20-22, 5-foot-11, 150 pounds, and was reportedly wearing a dark winter hat.

The second offender was described as a black man, age 20-22, 5-foot-9, and 180 pounds.

March 27, 1:40 a.m.—An armed robbery occurred in the 1600 block of East 50th Street. A 21-year-old man reported being approached by a man walking up from behind him. The offender displayed a handgun and demanded the victim’s money. After seizing an undetermined amount of cash, the offender said that the money was “not enough.” The offender then fled on foot down 50th Street. The offender was described as a black man in his 20s, 6-foot-1, 200 pounds, wearing a black coat, brown hooded sweatshirt, black jogging pants, black gym shoes, and a black mask that covered half of his face.

March 28, 8:24 p.m.—An armed robbery occurred in the 1300 block of East 55th Place. A 23-year-old man reported being approached by two men as he walked eastbound on East 55th Place. One of the offenders said he had a gun and demanded the victim’s wallet. The victim complied, at which point both offenders fled on foot in the direction from which they had come.

One of the offenders was described as a black man in his twenties, 6-foot-1, 170 pounds, with dark complexion and a goatee beard, wearing a black skull cap, black jacket, and dark jeans.

The second offender was described as a black man in his twenties, 5-foot-8, 160 pounds, with dark complexion and wearing dark clothing.