Obama’s library online??

President Obama should really have his library here, at the University of Chicago!

Apparently President Obama's state of mind is telling him to put his Presidential library online. We must not let this occur. President Obama should really have his library here, at the University of Chicago!

But according to this excerpt from Newsweek writer Jonathan Alter's new book, found here, he's been talking about ending a decades-long tradition and letting his library go online.

"In the fall of 2009 University of Chicago officials approached the White House about housing Obama’s presidential library. They were told it was too early. To the extent that he had thought about a library, he mused to a friend that maybe it should be an “online library,” not bricks-and-mortar. This almost certainly won’t happen; the demand for a splashy museum will likely be too great. But it said something about his state of mind."

Let's hope that almost certainly won't happen, and demand for a splashy museum on campus! The University of Chicago, plus its faculty, staff, and students, have benefited a lot from the attention brought to campus by Obama's presidency, and there's no reason the U of C shouldn't just keep on riding those presidential coat tails on into posterity.

Yes we can! Yes we can!