SG 2013 Undergraduate Liaison to the Board of Trustees: Rohan Manthani

+
Sydney Combs

Third-year and current Undergraduate Liaison to the Board of Trustees Rohan Manthani is dedicated to expanding on his work this year and helping undergraduate students build individual relationships with members of the Board.

Working from experience, Manthani currently sits on the Campus and Student Life Committee on the Board of Trustees and is a member of the current SG cabinet. He plans on continuing to push his idea for a student life center on campus and to increase facetime between the liaison and Board members if he is re-elected to the position.

He believes that trustee luncheons—there are two this quarter—are useful in bringing students closer to board members and that the trustees who attend these luncheons are receptive to student opinions.

He does not believe, however, that there is a huge lack of transparency between the board and students, emphasizing that many issues discussed at board meetings cannot be announced to the general public because of their nature, like plans to buy and develop land.

In addition to strengthening the relationship between liaison and the trustees, Manthani wants to implement an enduring strategic vision, something that comes along with being a liaison to a group with a set agenda.

“I have a very good feeling on the Board and it has given me a long-term vision for what I can do now that can affect something way in the future,” he said.