Access to Reynolds Club restricted for University fundraising campaign launch

An event for the University’s fundraising campaign will take place in Reynolds Club Wednesday.

Events commemorating the University’s major new fundraising campaign will restrict access to Reynolds Club this week.

The University is hosting a reception on Wednesday to celebrate the launch of the public phase of The University of Chicago Campaign: Inquiry and Impact. According to University spokesman Jeremy Manier, the main event will be in Mandel Hall. A dinner will take place in Hutchinson Courtyard, and there will be an exhibition in Hutchinson Commons.

With a target goal of $4.5 billion, the quiet phase of the campaign launched without announcement in early 2013 and has raised over $2 billion. Manier says the event is for “key supporters” from the quiet phase who will also have a role in the public phase. The event will be followed by programming for the global UChicago community throughout the next year.

Construction for the event began in the courtyard last week, and certain spaces in Reynolds are unavailable this week. The Hutchinson Courtyard entrance to Reynolds Club has been restricted. On Monday, students were directed to walk around the courtyard and enter through Mandel Hall. Hutchinson Commons is closed for the entirety of the week, but the food vendors will be open, except on the day of the event. Reynolds Club offices will close at 2 p.m. Wednesday but will reopen with the food vendors on Thursday morning.