Hendrix slated for Homecoming match-up

The 5–1 Chicago football team will take on Hendrix at their Homecoming game this weekend. The Maroon offense, lead by third-year quarterback Burke Moser will look to mimic their 21-point first quarter from last week’s game.

The University of Chicago football ball team is set to face off against conference opponent Hendrix College this Saturday in their highly anticipated homecoming game.

The Maroons are coming of a match against Rhodes last week that saw their defense completely stifle the Lynx offense en route to a 21-7 win. The Maroons currently it second in the Southern Athletic Association, with the first place team Berry having handed them their sole defeat on the year. However, the Hendrix Warriors will prove a tough challenge for Chicago, as they sit only one loss back in third. The Maroons will need a win to keep their postseason hopes alive.

The South Sider defense has been the story of the past few weeks, as they’ve held their opponents to under 15 points-per-game in October. Given Hendrix’s potent and balanced offensive attack (averaging 37 points-per-game), seeing how the Chicago defense can respond might be the most important factor of the game. Look for defensive back Vincent Beltrano (four interceptions on the year) and lineman Peter Casey (three sack this season) to be big factors in this matchup.

The Maroons are not without their own weapons on offense however, as quarterback Burke Moser and running back Chandler Carroll have combined for quite the double threat in the backfield. Although neither player has been as dominant as they were earlier in the season, each is still capable of completely taking over a game. Look for receivers Cole Thoms (five touchdowns), Nathan Massey (64 yards-per-game) and Sam Coleman (20 yards-per-reception) to be big factors in any Chicago victory as well.

The game is set to take place on Saturday at Stagg Field. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:25 pm.