12 and 15 Year Old Suspects in Robberies Last Weekend Arrested

Four robberies possibly connected, police say.

Two boys aged 12 and 15 were arrested by the University of Chicago Police Department (UCPD) on Tuesday for a series of armed robberies, according to DNAinfo. The victim was reportedly a 27-year-old man.

The UCPD released a security alert via e-mail on Tuesday, which stated that the two suspects had been arrested within minutes of robbing a victim at 10:20 p.m. Monday at 6112 South Greenwood Avenue. That report did not mention any personal information about the suspects or the victim.

The UCPD connected the crime to three similar robberies between Ingleside and Greenwood and 61st and 62nd street since Saturday.

A security alert for one of these previous armed robberies was released on Sunday with regard to an incident that occurred at 9:50 p.m. that evening. In this alert, UCPD reported a University student being approached by three suspects, whose identities at the time were unknown. One suspect displayed a gun and tried to rob the victim, who was able to escape without any injuries.

Tuesday’s security alert reported that the subjects are in custody, and their criminal involvement is being investigated.