Poke Restaurant to Open in Hyde Park

In addition to its new Hyde Park location, the Aloha Poke chain will be adding locations in Lincoln Park, the Magnificent Mile, and Naperville.

A poke restaurant under the Aloha Poke Co. chain will open in Hyde Park this June.  

Aloha Poke is a Hawaiian sushi bowl restaurant based in Chicago. In addition to its new Hyde Park location, the chain will be adding locations in Lincoln Park, the Magnificent Mile, and Naperville. 

The restaurant, which topped Eater Chicago’s list of best poke bowls, features a build-your-own bowl option much like similar customizable chains, such as Chipotle and Cava Grill. 

Managing partner Zach Friedlander told DNAinfo that he hopes to open a total of 14 new locations this year. By offering food that appeals to those seeking healthier options that are fresh and tailored to their tastes, he hopes to revolutionize the way people understand fast food. 

In addition to the Hyde Park location, Friedlander will be opening restaurants in Lincoln Park near Loyola University and in Evanston near Northwestern University. According to DNAinfo, in choosing locations for his new restaurants, Friedlander sought areas close to college campuses and affluent individuals.  

He also hopes that the restaurant will attract former president Barack Obama to his Hyde Park location. “I thought it would be great if our former president wanted to stop by and taste his Hawaiian roots,” Friedlander told DNAinfo

While he has not decided on the opening date and hours of the Hyde Park location, he expects that the restaurant will be open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day of the week.