Vote now for the 2005–2006 All Maroons

Individual MVP

Emil Bojanov, Cross Country/Track—Third-year was UAA champion in mile indoor and 800-meter outdoor, earned a provisional NCAA qualifying time in the 1,500

Ward Bortz, Men’s Tennis—Fourth-year racked up a 16–8 record at first singles, will play for his second-straight All-American bid at NCAAs

Shane Carlson, Men’s Swimming—First-year holds four individual school records and ranking in one relay record

Vindya Dayananda, Women’s Tennis—First-year cleaned up at first singles with a 16–7 mark and earned NCAA berth

Nofi Mojidi, Women’s Track and Field—Second-year and two-time UAA Athlete of the Week ran the 200-meter dash in a flash with the provisional-qualifying time of 25.07 seconds

Teage O’Connor, Cross Country/Track—Fourth-year is bound for his second appearance at nationals in the 3,000-meter steeplechase after clocking a provisional-qualifying time of 9:12.74

Jessica Winter, Cross Country/Track—Fourth-year garnered nine UAA Athlete of the Week nods, competed at the Drake Relays, posted an automatic-qualifying time of 4:32.37 to NCAA in the 1,500-meter run

Katherine Yang, Women’s Swimming—Third-year finished 12 out of 25 in the 1,650-yard freestyle, slapping the wall in 18:23.40 at the UAA Championships

Offensive MVP

Jacqui De Leon, Women’s Soccer—Fourth-year and All-American recorded 10 assists to lead the team and boost her career total to 29 to rank first in the category

Ryan Ehle, Men’s Soccer—Fourth-year netted the second-most goals on the squad, including five game winners

Scott Hofer, Baseball—First-year batted .448 with a .600 slugging percentage while driving in 23 runs to tie for the most on the team

Nofi Mojidi, Women’s Basketball—Second-year averaged 14.5 points per game while shooting .491 from the floor and .367 from beyond the arc

Renee Neuner, Women’s Soccer—Fourth-year paced Chicago with 18 goals, including seven game winners, with a .391 shooting percentage

Erica Pettke, Volleyball—Fourth-year led the squad in kills per game at 2.59 and in serving aces per game with 0.44

Nick Schey, Football—Third-year in his first season on the starting lineup recorded 132.1 yards per game, rushing on 111.1, posting eight touchdowns

Brandon Woodhead, Men’s Basketball—Third-year netted 10.8 points per game for the second-most on the squad while shooting .434 from the floor, .323 from downtown

Defensive MVP

Colin Carrier, Football—Fourth-year recorded 23 solo tackles, 29 total while leading the Maroons with 10 interceptions

Nate Hainje, Men’s Basketball—Second-year wiped the boards for 4.7 rebounds per game with 10 blocks, 20 steals on the season

Peter Schlaefer, Men’s Soccer—Fourth-year was part of a Chicago defense that recorded nine shutouts

Korry Schwanz, Women’s Basketball—Third-year pulled down 3.4 rebounds per game while grabbing 28 steals on the season

Rob Tamillow, Football—Fourth-year recorded 44 solo tackles, 58 total with three blocked kicks and 24–89 TFL-Yds

Petra Wade, Softball—Third-year limited opposing hitters to a .183 average, fanned 176 batters while posting a 1.46 ERA and six shutouts

Women’s Soccer Back Five—Led the team to 11 shutouts, held opponents to .6 goals per game

Dan Yeksigian, Baseball—Fourth-year kept foes in the batter’s box to a .272 average, sending 66 down on strikes, while recording a 4.18 ERA

Rookie of the Year

Shane Carlson, Men’s Swimming—First-year, see above

Vindya Dayananda, Women’s Tennis—First-year, see above

Eric Floyd, Men’s Soccer—First-year posted the second-most goals on the squad with seven on the fourth-highest shooting percentage at .226

Scott Hofer—First-year, see above

Sarah Laws, Women’s Swimming—First-year placed 11th in the 100-yard freestyle with 54.85 seconds and 15th in the 50-yard freestyle, slapping the wall in 25.61, at the UAA Championship

Siggy Nachtergaele, Women’s Soccer—First-year netted the second-most goals on the team with five, including three game winners

Olivia Ndyabagye, Women’s Soccer/Track—First-year shares a three-way tie for the third-most goals at four while going to the Drake Relays in track and field

Best Team

Men’s Cross Country—Finished ninth at the NCAA Division III Championship

Men’s Soccer—Recorded a 14–15–1 mark on the season and reached the second round of NCAA play

Women’s Soccer—Went to the semifinals in nationals and finished the year at 18–3–2

Softball—Earned an at-large bid to NCAA, played into the second round to wrap up the year at 20–15

Women’s Tennis—Earned the program’s first-ever NCAA Postseason berth, completed the season with a 15–9 record

Best Coach

Chris Hall—All four of his teams, men’s and women’s cross country and track and field squads, are ranked in the top 30

Ruth Kmak—Brought the Maroons back to NCAA postseason play after missing the national scene for the past two years

Dick Maloney—Led Chicago to become UAA champions with a 5–0 winning stretch to finish the season after falling to an 0–4 start

John O’Connor—After a three-year absence from NCAA, Chicago returned to the big tournament for the third time under his tenure and finished ranked 19th in the nation

Marty Perry—Led the rookie-dominated women’s tennis team to a 15th-place and the men’s squad to a 29th-place ranking in the nation

Amy Reifert—At third, women’s soccer is the highest-ranked Chicago team

George Villarreal—Managed the squad to a sixth-place finish at the league championship

Best Foundation

Men’s Basketball—Returns three starters, myriad of quality big men, and will likely challenge for top-half finish in tough UAA

Women’s Basketball—Returns three starters, including leading scorer Nofi Mojidi, and will return to the court with renewed defensive focus

Women’s Soccer—Siggy Nachtergaele, Olivia Ndyabagye will hope to lead young core back to the promised land after loss of historic senior class

Men’s Swimming—Will lose no major contributors from sixth-place squad

Women’s Swimming—Dominating first-year class will make a splash with new coach, year’s experience under their belt

Men’s Tennis—Top recruits, six starters will bust out their rackets looking to get back to NCAAs

Women’s Tennis—Returns to the court with its core of five rookies

Women’s Track— Young sprinters and jumpers dominated all spring