The Editors Sports Report (note: spoiler alert)

I thought I might just go ahead and assume that my co-bloggers and our readers are huge tennis fans l

I thought I might just go ahead and assume that my co-bloggers and our readers are huge tennis fans like myself and provide some Wimbledon updates and commentary. Because of rain (rain in London?!? Shocking.), the tournament is still drudging through the second round. Today’s interesting matches included Roger Federer absolutely dismantling Tim Henman (Henman is British and a perennial crowd favorite at Wimbledon, but the crows was happy to enjoy perfect tennis from Federer), all of the high seeded women destroying their counterparts, and Andy Roddick pulling out a tough four-setter. On the women’s side, I’m rooting for Kim Clijsters and Martina Hingis, who is continuing her miraculous comeback (it took just six months from her return to rise from a ranking in the 300s to number 15 in the world). For the men, Federer is too good of a player and a person not to like, but I’ll be really pulling for Americans James Blake and the legend Andre Agassi, who has announced he will retire after the U.S. Open.Oh yeah: A-Rod hit a walk-off two-run homer in the bottom of the 12th inning today to put the Yankees over the Braves. Hot damn!