Poetry slammed

If there is such a thing as the “Commander-in-Chief Threshold,” I imagine one of the main criteria is

If there is such a thing as the “Commander-in-Chief Threshold,” I imagine one of the main criteria is that the President of the United States can never be shown up by Sinbad. In fact that’s probably a prerequisite for most jobs in this country, including—but not limited to—meat packing and ice sculpting. Sinbad, for all his virtues, exists in large part so that we can feel better about ourselves. And that’s what makes this whole Bosnia imbroglio so frustrating.Since Alec last posted on this, old news footage has surfaced proving that not only was there no sniper fire in Tuzla, but that Hillary, Sinbad, Sheryl Crow, and Chelsea (ed note: !!) were greeted on the runway by an eight-year-old girl with a poem. You can watch it here. Duck and cover!With her myth thoroughly debunked, Mrs. Clinton is now in the uncomfortable position of having to explain herself—a situation made even more uncomfortable by the fact that there is no logical explanation for the flap. I’d like to give her the benefit of the doubt, but it seems highly implausible that she had actually tricked herself into thinking that the eight-year-old girl with the original poem was actually shooting at her. Anyway, here’s her explanation, and attempt to spin it as an endearing character flaw:

I just made a mistake. I had a different memory. My staff and others have all come together trying to sort out — so I made a mistake. That happens. It proves I’m human, which for some is a revelation.

Happens all the time.